What should I do before you travel?
Plastic payment is one of the safest and easiest ways to travel. Here are a few safety tips to help make your trip even more enjoyable – and safer.
- Take at two major credit cards and a debit card. Leave the rest at home.
- Make a list of the card numbers and their phone numbers in case of loss or theft.
- Check the expiration date and ask about the limits on each card.
- Be sure the card is returned to you after each transaction.
- Check sales forms for accuracy and always review each transaction before signing.
- Carry your cards in a safe, separate place from your wallet or purse.
- Contact your card issuer and advise them you’ll be traveling so they won’t suspect fraud.
- Consider using one credit card for hotel purchases and car rentals and another for daily purchase.
- Call your card issuer before you leave to ensure your card is currently accepted in the places you plan to travel.