Orlando Business Journal
May 14, 2010
FAIRWINDS named Credit Union of the Year
FAIRWINDS Credit Union was honored as the Credit Union of the Year by the U.S. Small Business Administration’s North Florida District Office, which also includes Central Florida.
Nine SBA lenders in a 43-county area were recognized at a May 13 event held at the University of North Florida in Jacksonville.
Among the other honorees:
- Top 7(a) Lender By Dollar Amount: Wachovia SBA Lending
- Top 7(a) Lender By Number of Loans: Superior Financial Group
- Top Certified Development Company (number of loans): Florida Business Development Corp.
- Top First Mortgage Lender: Regions Bank
- Top Microlender: Community Enterprise Investments Inc.
- Top ARC Loan Lender: SunTrust
- Top Small/Rural Advantage Lender: Alarion Bank
- Top Community Bank SBA Lender: First Coast Community Bank
FAIRWINDS is one of Central Florida’s largest credit unions, with $1.6 billion in total assets and market share of about 26 percent.