A Banking Relationship That Puts Your Needs First
Accessing your account online shouldn't be a frightening experience. We want you to feel safe and secure every time you use any of FAIRWINDS Online services. That's why we've built a security system around FAIRWINDS Online that safeguards your money and keeps your account information private.
We utilize 128-bit encryption to secure all online banking sessions and end-to-end SSL (Secure Socket Layer) security for mobile sessions to protect your accounts and confidential information. In addition, we employ several other security features to ensure the safety of your accounts, including (but not limited to):
- "No-activity" sign-off after 20 minutes - if, while you're signed into FAIRWINDS Online, no activity is detected for 20 minutes, we'll automatically sign you out.
- Security Questions - before you are allowed to access certain parts of FAIRWINDS Online or sign up for an account, you will often be prompted to answer security questions that only you will know.
- Enhanced Log-in Security - in addition to entering a user name and password to access FAIRWINDS Online, your access location will be registered through a process called Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA). Subsequent logins must be made from this known or trusted location, otherwise, we'll ask you to confirm your identity by answering additional security questions.
- The ability to change your password - experts agree that it is a good idea to change your password on a regular basis to avoid fraud (we recommend changing it once every six months). Pick something easy to remember but harder for others to guess and be sure not to pick a password that you've used on any other sites.
Your use of FAIRWINDS Online confirms your agreement to and understanding of the provisions explained in our FAIRWINDS Online: Terms & Conditions, which describes in detail all aspects of using our service. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your personal identification and access information, member numbers, online passwords and other account data.
FAIRWINDS cannot be responsible for member errors or negligent use of the service and will not cover losses due to:
- Misuse of the service or member errors while entering information.
- Failure to maintain confidentiality of or sharing of passwords and/or access information leading to unauthorized access to accounts. This includes storing passwords (through functions such as "autocomplete") on any PC or device that may be collected and re-transmitted (as in the case with "spyware.")
- Failure to "Sign Off" when completing an online session, leaving a computer unattended during an online session, or storing identification or password information in a computer.
- Neglecting to report known unauthorized account access within two (2) business days.