Resources - What is Regulation D?
What is Regulation D?
Federal Regulation D is a federal requirement mandated by the government for all financial institutions including FAIRWINDS Credit Union.
The regulation limits the number of transfers, without your signature, to six per month from each savings account including regular savings, money market and holiday accounts.
Transfers which are limited by Regulation D include:
- Automated phone transfers through Call 24
- Online banking transfers
- Mobile banking transfers
- Overdraft protection transfers
- Transfers done over the phone with a Member Service Representative
- ACH (Automated Clearing House) or direct debit withdrawals
Unlimited transfers include:
- In person transfers in the branch or the drive-thru
- ATM transfers and withdrawals
There are no limitations for transfers from your checking account or open-ended loan.