Foundation invites nonprofits to participate in the granting process - August 2021FAIRWINDS Foundation connects with non-profits, to discuss the 2021 grant cycle.
Application deadline - September 2021Grant applications due of agencies invited to participate.
Application review period October – November 2021Grant applications are reviewed, researched and assessed. Site visits.
Application status notifications - December 2021/January 2022Agencies notified of their grant status.
Grant Inquiries open year round
To qualify for consideration, your organization must meet the following:
- Show alignment to FAIRWINDS Foundation priorities – financial literacy educational opportunities delivered by grant applicant.
- Have current tax-exempt status as a public charity under Section 501(c)(3) of the United States Internal Revenue Code or be a governmental entity. School systems will need to submit an IRS letter of determination or a letter on school system letterhead confirming you are a school system.
- Demonstrate one full year of program services and outcomes.
- Demonstrate a strong financial position with a detailed program budget.
- Clearly define the impact your organization is making in the community or with the targeted audience without discrimination against any individual on the basis of race, creed, gender, gender identity, age, sexual orientation or national origin.
- Have a method by which to measure, track and report one or more program outcomes and specific results that demonstrate measurable community impact.
FAIRWINDS Foundation does not fund capital campaigns, endowments or other reserve funds, individuals or individual projects, government agencies, individual public or private schools, religious institutions, political causes or candidates, reduction or liquidation of debt, programs that do not fit funding guidelines or grant-making strategy.