Enter to win one of two FAIRWINDS college scholarships!
Are you college bound? If you are, then you’ll be happy to hear that FAIRWINDS Credit Union is awarding two $2,500 scholarships to high school seniors planning to attend a two-year or four-year college or university. Each applicant must be a member of FAIRWINDS Credit Union.
Please write an essay (250 - 500 words) on one of the following topics:
- What is your definition of financial freedom and why is it important?
- What can you do now to be financially stable in your retirement?
- What advice would you give to college students regarding finances?
The applicants are judged based on numerous factors including the following:
- Letter of recommendation
- Grade point average (GPA)
- SAT and/or ACT scores
- Extracurricular activities both in school and in the community
- Written essay
Download and print the application.
Please be sure to include a letter of recommendation from a faculty member, your essay and a copy of your transcript with your SAT or ACT scores. All applications must be received by Friday, May 06, 2016. You may return it to any one of our branch locations or mail to the following address:
FAIRWINDS Credit Union
Attn: Marketing Scholarship Committee
135 W. Central Blvd., Suite 1230
Orlando, FL 32801
We look forward to receiving your application. Email PR@fairwinds.org with any questions regarding the 2016 FAIRWINDS scholarship.