Are you college bound? If you are, then you’ll be happy to hear that FAIRWINDS Credit Union is awarding five $2,500 scholarships to high school seniors planning to attend a two-year or four-year college or university. Each applicant must be a member of FAIRWINDS Credit Union.
Please write an essay (250 - 500 words) on one of the following topics:
- If you could start your own charity today, what would it be and why?
- What financial goal are you working toward?
- What does financial freedom mean to you?
- What steps would you take to reach financial freedom in the future?
The applicants are judged based on numerous factors including the following:
- Letter of recommendation
- Grade point average (GPA)
- SAT and/or ACT scores
- Extracurricular activities both in school and in the community
- Written essay
Download and print the application. (PDF 1.1 MB)
Please be sure to include a letter of recommendation from a faculty member, your essay and a copy of your transcript with your SAT or ACT scores. All applications must be received by Friday, April 3, 2020. You may return it to any one of our branch locations, email to PR@fairwinds.org, or mail to the following address:
FAIRWINDS Credit Union
Attn: FAIRWINDS Scholarship Committee
135 W. Central Blvd., Suite 1230
Orlando, FL 32801
We look forward to receiving your application. Email PR@fairwinds.org with any questions regarding the 2020 FAIRWINDS scholarship.