Are you college bound? If you are, then you’ll be happy to hear that FAIRWINDS Credit Union is awarding five $2,500 scholarships to high school seniors planning to attend a two-year or four-year college or university. Each applicant must be a member of FAIRWINDS Credit Union.
Please write an essay (250 - 500 words) on one of the following topics:
- If you could start your own charity today, what would it be and why?
- What financial goal are you working toward?
- What does financial freedom mean to you?
- What steps would you take to reach financial freedom in the future?
The applicants are judged based on numerous factors including the following:
- Letter of recommendation
- Grade point average (GPA)
- SAT and/or ACT scores
- Extracurricular activities both in school and in the community
- Written essay
The 2020 FAIRWINDS High School Scholarships has concluded. The recipients will be selected and announced in June. Future scholarship opportunities will be announced in early 2021.
We look forward to receiving your application. Email PR@fairwinds.org with any questions regarding the 2020 FAIRWINDS scholarship.